Thursday, February 1, 2007

Story of me (part 4): MORE foster dog tales

So, I heard through the dogvine that Branwen got fat before she went to her new home. It's hard for us Huskies to get fat since we are always so energetic, but it can happen. My Mom's always complaining that she can't keep weight on me (little does she know, it's my constant practicing of my CaNinja skills that keeps me trim). But, in Branwen's honor, since she was a pretty nice girldog (unlike most of them), I'll give you another picture of her when she was in her modeling prime.

Also, a question was asked about Jindos, "Are they smaller than Sibes?" They are normally a little smaller, but Pippin was pretty little even for a Jindo. He was about 32 lbs. He really kinda looked like the dog in this picture.

Um, where was I? Oh yeah... the (dum dum DUM) evilest of the evil, mean, horrible girldogs! So, after Stout, Branwen and Pippin, Mom decided to give another girldog a chance, so she brought home Ostara. Now, you're probably saying, "She looks okay.". Ostara seemed nice at first, but turns out she is the spawn of SATAN!! She used to suck up to Mom and Auntie HiDeeHo all the time, and once their back was turned, come over and bite me! Then, as soon as I growled or told her to back off, she'd whip around, look all innocent, so I got in trouble! Can you believe that?!?!?!? Once, she was picking on me when Mom was in the other room, and I'd just had enough, so I busted out the crazy karate CaNinja moves on her, but I forgot to position myself optimally, so my back was to the stairs. She got me cornered and I was defeated! BY A GIRL!!! It was so humiliating. I had to be rushed to the vet and get an X-ray and my leg all bandaged up.





I hate stoopid, mean girldogs.







Another thing she used to do was pee on what she thought was hers. So stoopid. She got pretty attached to Auntie HiDeeHo, and once peed right outside her door, as if to say, "Mine, mine, mine." Mom was so angry! Harr harrrroooooo. Didn't get blamed for that one! Thankfully, she adopted a nice family with no other dogs, so she could be the stoopid center of attention. She does live with a Cat, who she supposedly gets along with. Should have known... she's a Cat-lover! That explains soooooo much.

Since Ostara was such a meanie, Mom didn't have any more fosters for a bit after that, so I got to be an only dog for a while. Stout still came over a lot, and we had lots of dogs come to stay with us for a night or a day (Mom said she was 'transporting' them to adoptions so they could find their furever homes too). My favorite was a red and white Husky named Jade Ann. She was super nice for a girldog, and Mom said she would have come to stay with us furever, but she adopted a nice family the next day, so she didn't.

2 comments:

Deanna said...

You are so good to put up with fosters! I don't, but I kind of feel guilty.

Althea said...

Hey Frodo,

Do you think your mom would be willing to take an annoying floppy eared doofus dog as a foster. I'm trying to get rid of my brother so I can get a less annoying sibling.

Please don't let your experience with Ostara ruin your opinion of all girl doggies.

Later,
Althea