Monday, February 12, 2007

Story of me (part 6): the final foster dog tales

Harrooooooo, wow! I didn't know everyone was waiting so long to find out the ending to the story! Guess it's the suspense that gets everyone's fur up!

Well, all other things aside, it was going to be the boyhusky (the one I got along with), but Mom was so impressed how well I got along with the last little girlhusky (as you know, I have a history of issues with girldogs) that she ended up being our next foster. Little did I know, she'd stick around for a long, long time. Her name became Clementine...

She was (is) an odd little husky (she was even littler than me, which is pretty impressive as I am only 42 lbs... she's chunked out since then, living it up with Auntie). She came from a very bad situation and was very afraid of men. Mom and Auntie HiDeeHo worked with her to get her used to different people, but she still has some issues with certain malehumans. She really bonded to Auntie HiDeeHo, so much so that Auntie really became her Mom. And instead of adopting another family, she ended up staying with us.

She's okay, and I definitely put up with her more than other girldogs. I even let her sleep next to me sometimes, which I normally don't do for any dogs (as I said, I like my space).

Clemmie came from a situation where she was kept inside with lots of other dogs and never got to go outside, ever, so she had a hard time learning that dogs are supposed to go potty outside. She also wanted to stake her claim on everything since she thought I'd take it from her (as if), so Mom and Auntie had to work with her to teach her the ropes. Part of that was having us stay in our dogboxes when no one was home... see, I don't stay in a dogbox anymore 'cause I am totally trustworthy (well... except for the whole undies thing...)

So, after Clemmie came to live with us, we didn't take any more fosters. We did have some pretty cool new dogs come into our lives though, through Mom working with other rescues.

The first was Bo... he was a husky that we helped for a rescue called Roxie's Fund. He stayed with Stout's Dad since I didn't get a long with him that great, but we got to play sometimes and wrassle like true huskies (Clemmie doesn't wrassle... we just play by jumping around and batting each other in the head with our paws). Bo later adopted a very nice lady who always wanted a Husky (who doesn't?) and went to his furever home too.

Hmmm... trying to think back who came after Bo... well, one dog that did come into our lives was a very special little huskygirl. The story behind her is very touching, but it's kinda long, so I'll tell it in the next segment of the Story of Me. Thanks to all the devoted fans. You guys rock the HuskyHouse!!!

3 comments:

IndyPindy said...

Good stories and pictures! Clemmie is a petite little beauty! Does she still live with you?

The Army of Four said...

HA ROO! She's a pretty little girl!
Play bows,
Zim

IndyPindy said...

Hey Frodo,
Check out my blog about the peanut butter recall!