Friday, May 18, 2007

Meet the doofy puppy


Since Duncan is now an official part of our family, I thought I'd give him a proper introduction. He's a goofball, but he is fun, so I'm glad to have him in our fur-ever family. First off, he is a Weem- R-Wamer, which is a special breed of dog that finds stuff. What does he find? Ways to be annoying and a suck-up, I'm sure. Harrr rooooo. Actually, I think he's supposed to find birds or something, but he's also supposed to bring them back to the owner which, as any self-respecting Husky knows, is just plain foolish. He's very different looking from a Husky, as you can see, with those long floppy ears, that big schnoz, and that short, completely unfluffy fur.


(for some reason Mom is just ecstatic over his lack of fluffiness... something about it being SO much easier to give him a bath. DUH, woman! What purpose do you think my water- resistant, moisture- repelling fluffiness is for other than making it so miserable to bathe me in the hopes you will STOP DOING IT! sigh...)


He also has this funny little nub of a tail, not at all like my magnificent plume. He likes to hit me with his butt and stick that little nub in my face, so I usually just poing over him to avoid it. And even though he looks the same size as me, he's about 20 lbs heavier (he's dense, and in more than one way... harr harr rooooo) so he tries to push me around. But, I got the moves, and I got the speed, and no nubby-butt puppy is gonna bully me around! Seriously though, we play very nice with each other (it makes the humans happy) and he's alright for a puppy. Can't blame him for not being as intelligent, cunning, quick and agile as I am. He's not a Husky, afterall.

6 comments:

Princess Eva and Brice said...

What great news that you have a fur-ever brother! Two is always better than one. There will always be somepup for you to play with now. Plus you're going to the park every day! Lucky, lucky dogs!! Will Duncan be making any blog entries? We hope so. Belly Rubs, Tasha & Eva.

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Is he going to be a Ninja too?

Steve

Thor said...

Congrats on getting a brother!

Woos,
Thor

Khady Lynn said...

Lack of fluffiness seems to be something those humans like. I think they just don't appreciate the work we go through, to grow, and leave our fluffiness around the house as decoration! And why do humans insist on chopping off some dogs tails?? How humiliating!

Duncan is sure lucky to have a nice furever home though. And he is very handsome too!!

Holly

Anonymous said...

Woo WOo Frodo, you have been tagged! Check out my blawg for details!!!
Hugs,
Sitka

Princess Eva and Brice said...

Hi Frodo,its us again! We have tagged you to tell seven different things about yourdogself! See our blog. Belly Rubs, Tasha & Eva.