Monday, March 19, 2007

I have to get surgery

My Mom took me to the vet last week (ack...) 'cause she was a little worried about me.

See, my eye has been kind of leaky for a while now and she's been looking at it a lot trying to figure out what's wrong with it. It has this brown goo coming out and I get eye boogers in that eye a lot. The vet looked at my eye with a really bright light (I HATE that!) and turns out there is a little tumor on the inside of my eyelid that's rubbing my eye and making it get boogers. So, I gotta have it taken off... bummer.

PLUS, I've been kinda chewing on one of my claws lately (one of the black ones on the black/white/black/white paw), and the vet found out I have a little infection on it. Since I have IBS (human terms: Irritable Bowel Syndrome, doggie terms: icky tummy), the vet tries not to give me pill antibiotics unless she absolutely has too, so Mom has to soak my foot in this blue stuff and then put this yellow stuff on my claw, and THEN, so I don't lick it more, she puts a sock on me!!! Can you believe the nerve? She ties the sock on with a yellow ribbon, like I'm a girl or something!!! (I'd rip the thing to pieces, but turns out it gives me much better traction on the slippery tile floors, so I keep it on for the added speed when running down the hallway!)

Mom says she's gonna get pictures of my blue sock foot so I can show it off...

2 comments:

IndyPindy said...

Hey Frodo, you sound a lot like me! I have food allergies and a very sensitive tummy, so mom doesn't like to put me on antibiotics either.

Hmmm...I get eye boogers a lot...wonder if I should get my eyes checked? But I've always gotten eye boogers. Mom always cleans them out whenever she sees them. Always sticking her fingers in my eyes...

Steve, Kat, & Wilbur said...

Awww, Frodo. That's too bad about your paw and your eye. I hope all of those things get better soon!

Kat