Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Story of me (part 2)

So, where did I leave off? I think it was talking about when I met Chloe and Brinkley that fateful day that I adopted my Mom. Here's a picture of the 3 of us receiving important CaNinja instructions...


Now, I know you're thinking, "Labs? The CaNinjas you spoke of are LABS?" But seriously, they have some impressive talents. Chloe (the brown one) is a black belt in Karate, and Brinkley... well, um... (honestly, I think Brinkley is only allowed at the CaNinja meetings because Chloe is so high in the ranks... he's my best pupfriend, but he's a little slow...)

So yeah, back to the story... from there it's pretty much your typical dog-meet-Mom scenario. I lived with my Mom in an apartment with Auntie HiDeeHo and got all kinds of attention and new toys. Auntie HiDeeHo is a total pushover, so I got away with ALL kinds of stuff with her! Harr harroooo. But, Mom's a little more wily; she never took an eye off of me! I had to stay in the dogbox (Mom called it a crate) when no one was home, but since we lived in an apartment and had no yard, I got to go for 3 walks a day! It was pretty cool, especially the walks around the lake where all the geese lived (I tried to get a few, but Mom always stopped me... sheesh). I did get to sleep on the bed with Mom back then, (mainly so she could keep her eye on me when she was sleeping... still don't know how she does that), but now I have my own bed (I like my space when I sleep, and Mom and the DeeLan take up too much room... maybe if they get that King sized bed Mom's always talking about...) It was a fun time of shredding toys and going to new places.


It took me a while to learn the ropes, but I got to spend all kinds of time at my Gram-Mom's house, and was introduced to the CaNinja society through Chloe. I thought it would be like that furever, but Mom had other plans. Next thing I know, Mom is packing up all our stuff, my dog toys, my bed, my dogbox, and she took us to this new house. Now, I was happy with the apartment, but this house had a YARD!!! It was a little yard, but still, I could go outside and lay in the sun, or snow, or dig big holes, or chase the stoopid bunnies out of my yard, or watch the other dogs walk by on the sidewalk next to the house. It was AWESOME! Only one catch came with the new house... the stoopid foster dogs. Sigh... there I was, the utmost center of attention of my Mom, and she decides to start bringing in this never-ending line of foster dogs. See, Mom had decided that since a husky rescue had helped me find her that she wanted to foster dogs so they could find their furever homes too. The first one was Stout (you remember, the goofy looking husky-mutt from my adoption... he had been adopted the day I was, but was returned a year later 'cause his new Mom was having a baby and didn't want him anymore... humans can be weird sometimes). He was fun, I'll give you that, but he had this annoying habit of trying to eat my head.


As you can see here the idiot is trying to fit my entire neck in his mouth. Not the brightest light on the billboard, but he was fun. He was adopted a little while later by Bean's Dad, who lived down the street. Bean's Dad (and this is just twisted) owned a dog wash. Now, I like Bean's Dad a lot, but what type of aberrant soul does it take to own an establishment made for nothing but the torture of poor, innocent dogs?!?!?!? Stout used to go with him the dog wash (but from what I hear, he never got washed there, he just ran the check-out counter... not surprising since we ARE a working breed...)


Okay... that's all for now. I need to go get ready for Mom to come home (as in, looking innocent and justwokenup by her coming in the door).

1 comment:

H.A. Turbofire, Sibertarian said...

Nothing is cuter than a husky destroying something!